Basically Balloons is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website or contacting us, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• Identifiable information such as Name and payment details
• Contact information including email address and phone number
• Demographic information such as postcode, residential address, preferences and interests
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• To process your order and obtain payment
• Internal record keeping
• We may use the information to improve our products and services, this includes use of photographs of services Basically Balloons have provided in line with our photography disclaimer, and testimonials.
• We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
Basically Balloons must retain personal data for no longer than is necessary. This will depend on the circumstances of each case, considering the reasons that the personal data was obtained, but should be determined in a manner consistent with data retention guidelines. Data is processed and stored when required to deliver our services.
Regular data audits to manage and mitigate risks will inform the data register. This contains information on what data is held, where it is stored, how it is used, who is responsible and any further regulations or retention timescales that may be relevant. Basically Balloons will only retain your information for as long as you are a customer and as long as required for business purposes including record keeping.
In order to meet legal or regulatory requirements, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, prevent abuse or to overall enforce our Terms & Conditions, we may keep hold of some of your information.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website. Please note we will never use your information for marketing purposes and will never share your information with any third parties unless we have your explicate permission to do so or are required to do so by law.
• If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable for printed copies. Electronic copies can be provided free of charge. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.